Embark on a tour of discovery to see firsthand, and gain a deep understanding of, the geological wonders and the multitude of wildlife encompassed by Yellowstone National Park. Our experienced guides are local experts on the regions geology, ecology and wildlife with an unmatched passion for the area. Imagine a tour designed around your interests and desires, truly a one of a kind experience. It is our mission to connect you to this natural world and breathtaking area, leaving a lasting impression on you and your family.
We will depart the town of Jackson close to sunrise to take advantage of the early morning light, to observe wildlife during one of their more active times of the day. We’ll seek out species like moose, elk, bison, wolves, black and grizzly bears, and bald eagles, just to name a few. Our route will head north into Yellowstone National Park where we can explore top destinations including Old Faithful, the Grand Canyon of Yellowstone, and some of the best of the 10,000 thermal features of the park. We’ll dine in for lunch at the historic Old Faithful Inn, at the Canyon Lodge, or enjoy sandwiches picnic style in the park and then spend the afternoon strolling along boardwalks and short easy trails to gain an in-depth and up-close understanding of what makes Yellowstone unique. As we drive through the park, and on our journey back to Jackson, we’ll cater the conversation to your interests and our expertise, whether that be animal behavior, animal adaptations, geology, or cultural history of the area.
What's included PLAY OUR VIDEO
- Experienced and knowledgeable professional guide who is dedicated to your enjoyment of Yellowstone National Park.
- Professional quality Binoculars and Spotting Scopes.
- Pick-up/Drop-off in the town of Jackson at your hotel or a convenient meeting place.
- Light breakfast on the road.
- Wide variety of snacks that are locally produced and organic when possible.
- Tasty lunch provided in the ambiance of a historic park lodge.
- Hot and Cold beverages.
- Comfortable 4x4 Safari style vehicle.
- Window seats guaranteed for every guest.
- Visual aides for a hands-on learning approach.
All Day (appx. 10-12 hrs). May-October, depending on road conditions/closures.
Maximum of 7 guests per tour. Every guest is guarantee a window seat. We can accommodate private groups up to 10.
Adults $290, Children (10 and under) $240.
Customize this trip
We are focused on creating the best experience possible for all of our guests. From hiring the best guides, providing the best foods, and making sure every detail is covered, we are here for you! You may be here only once, so lets do it right the first time. We are a small company with three vehicles. We like to keep our operation on the smaller side to keep quality high!
- We provide vehicles with Roof Hatches for safe and unobstructed viewing.
- All of our vehicles are 4 Wheel drive. This comes in handy for both winter and summer seasons. There are roads in Grand Teton National Park that in the summer require 4 Wheel Drive Vehicles. We don’t want you to miss anything!
- In all of vehicles everyone is granted a window seat! Everyone gets a great view. There is always plenty of room for jackets, camera gear, backpacks etc…
- In our larger van there are no uncomfortable benches that are hard to get in and out of. We have installed comfortable captain chairs.
- We use PA systems when needed, have installed cup holders, have stools for easier access, and our guides are always willing to help you in and out of the vehicle.
We use very high quality Brunton Optics. Brunton is based out of Boulder, Co. We chose to use this company because of the quality optics that they provide and because they are a regional company. We use their Eterna 8x45 for wildlife and their 11x45 for birding. These binoculars retail for $530, so they are not take home souvenirs. We feel, when it comes to optics, you get what you pay for. Everyone will get their own pair to use for the tour and we have children binoculars as well. When that wolf pack is at a distance we will set up one of our Brunton Full Size Eterna Spotting Scopes. This scope has a magnification from 20-60 power!
Some folks like a hands on learning approach! We provide teaching opportunity as well. On tours we like to use all our senses. Our naturalists kits help provide the opportunity to touch and see different items up-close without compromising safety. Our kits contain antlers, pelts, claws, horns, unique stones, reproduced Native American tools and artifacts for your exploratory side! All items were collected outside of the National Parks or purchased. It is prohibited to take anything out of the parks.
- We provide a Wildlife Sightings List for the participants in your tour fill out if you like. You take home a copy and we keep a copy for our records.
- Your Children will love our “Children’s Activity book”. They can work on this during the tour or take it home for latter. This book is filled with crosswords, coloring pages, matching games, wildlife bingo, and other engaging activities. You provide the child and we provide the book and crayons.
- All of our guides carry CB Radios. As the day unfolds, we don’t want you to miss any great wildlife sightings. All day long our guides are in contact sharing sightings with each other. When the location and timing is right we will head to that active wildlife hotspot for uninterrupted viewing.
- We provide iPads on all tours that are filled with maps, wildlife photos, diagrams, animal sounds and other visual aids to enhance your learning experience.
- We at EcoTour Adventures take our Coffee seriously. This is why we grind Jackson Hole Great Northern’s organic beans for you every morning. We will serve your coffee from our vacuum insulated French Press Craft while in the park watching the sun to rise. Don’t worry we also stock a selection of organic teas and hot chocolate.
Book Your Trip Today!
Call (307) 690 - 9533
for more details or customized private trips.