Immerse yourself in Jackson Hole, and Grand Teton and Yellowstone National Parks in the heart of winter to experience a one of a kind expedition catered to your interests. Our Winter Multi-Day Tours can range from 2 to 5 days and are ideal for guests who are looking for solitude and to explore the uniqueness of winter in the spectacular Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem. EcoTour Guides have an unmatched enthusiasm and knowledge of the area and are dedicated to customizing the focus of a tour to make sure each and every guest leaves inspired and fulfilled. Join us for this private and unique winter excursion, truly an experience of a lifetime. Let us guide you to explore some of the best of the 10,000 geothermal features in Yellowstone, incredible wildlife viewing opportunities, snowshoeing, cross country skiing, and night time geothermal walks during the depths of winter.
While each of our winter multi-day tours is unique, catered to the needs and interests of the private group, we recommend the following itinerary as a place to start. Depending on the number of days a group wishes to tour, we depart from the Town of Jackson with an early alpine start to experience the best wildlife viewing opportunities in Grand Teton National Park on our way to Yellowstone. Take advantage of our professional spotting scopes and binoculars and gaze out the sliding glass windows of our 4x4 vehicles to discover wintering wildlife like moose and bighorn sheep. We’ll arrive at Flagg Ranch before the end of the day to hop aboard a snow coach and head to our accommodations at the Old Faithful Snow Lodge within Yellowstone National Park. Once at the Old Faithful Snow Lodge, look to your dedicated EcoTours guide to lead you on a variety of inspiring outings through the splendor of a snow covered Yellowstone. Head out into the Old Faithful Geyser Basin on snowshoes or cross country skis to experience the solitude of a lone geyser erupting just for your eyes. Take a scenic snow coach ride to view nearby wildlife and explore geothermal features or plan for an entire day tour to gaze into the Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone River, and the Upper and Lower Falls. Join your guide for a moonlight geyser walk where the sounds and smells will treat you to an experience using your other senses, before nestling up to a warm fire and welcoming ambiance inside the lodge. Your personal EcoTours guide will join you for your entire tour, exposing you to the best winter features and experiences within the park and filling you with impressive knowledge on topics like winter ecology, winter animal adaptations, history, and snow science.
- Knowledgeable, enthusiastic, and professional guide, dedicated to your enjoyment of the entire expedition.
- High end Binoculars and Spotting Scopes.
- Pick-up/Drop-off in the town of Jackson at the beginning and end of the trip, either at a convenient meeting place or at your hotel.
- 4 Wheel Drive Safari Style vehicle with Comfortable Seating on first and last days of the tour.
- Snow Coach transportation to/from the Old Faithful Snow Lodge.
- All accommodations at Old Faithful Snow Lodge. Book a year in advance for the best lodging options.
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner provided either on the go or at Old Faithful Snow Lodge.
- Snowshoe and Cross Country Ski rentals.
- Ice skating rink at the Snow Lodge.
- Park entry passes.
- Interactive tools and hands-on aides for learning.
Two to Five Full Days (appx. 8-12 hrs each day). Season: Winter
Any size group. Custom tours are always exclusively private.
Pricing varies based on number of participants and trip length. Example: Group of 4 for three days $9,200. Call for pricing.
We are focused on creating the best experience possible for all of our guests. From hiring the best guides, providing the best foods, and making sure every detail is covered, we are here for you! You may be here only once, so lets do it right the first time. We are a small company with three vehicles. We like to keep our operation on the smaller side to keep quality high!
- We provide vehicles with Roof Hatches for safe and unobstructed viewing.
- All of our vehicles are 4 Wheel drive. This comes in handy for both winter and summer seasons. There are roads in Grand Teton National Park that in the summer require 4 Wheel Drive Vehicles. We don’t want you to miss anything!
- In all of vehicles everyone is granted a window seat! Everyone gets a great view. There is always plenty of room for jackets, camera gear, backpacks etc…
- In our larger van there are no uncomfortable benches that are hard to get in and out of. We have installed comfortable captain chairs.
- We use PA systems when needed, have installed cup holders, have stools for easier access, and our guides are always willing to help you in and out of the vehicle.
We use very high quality Brunton Optics. Brunton is based out of Boulder, Co. We chose to use this company because of the quality optics that they provide and because they are a regional company. We use their Eterna 8x45 for wildlife and their 11x45 for birding. These binoculars retail for $530, so they are not take home souvenirs. We feel, when it comes to optics, you get what you pay for. Everyone will get their own pair to use for the tour and we have children binoculars as well. When that wolf pack is at a distance we will set up one of our Brunton Full Size Eterna Spotting Scopes. This scope has a magnification from 20-60 power!
Some folks like a hands on learning approach! We provide teaching opportunity as well. On tours we like to use all our senses. Our naturalists kits help provide the opportunity to touch and see different items up-close without compromising safety. Our kits contain antlers, pelts, claws, horns, unique stones, reproduced Native American tools and artifacts for your exploratory side! All items were collected outside of the National Parks or purchased. It is prohibited to take anything out of the parks.
- We provide a Wildlife Sightings List for the participants in your tour fill out if you like. You take home a copy and we keep a copy for our records.
- Your Children will love our “Children’s Activity book”. They can work on this during the tour or take it home for latter. This book is filled with crosswords, coloring pages, matching games, wildlife bingo, and other engaging activities. You provide the child and we provide the book and crayons.
- All of our guides carry CB Radios. As the day unfolds, we don’t want you to miss any great wildlife sightings. All day long our guides are in contact sharing sightings with each other. When the location and timing is right we will head to that active wildlife hotspot for uninterrupted viewing.
- We provide iPads on all tours that are filled with maps, wildlife photos, diagrams, animal sounds and other visual aids to enhance your learning experience.
- We at EcoTour Adventures take our Coffee seriously. This is why we grind Jackson Hole Great Northern’s organic beans for you every morning. We will serve your coffee from our vacuum insulated French Press Craft while in the park watching the sun to rise. Don’t worry we also stock a selection of organic teas and hot chocolate.
Book Your Trip Today!
Call (307) 690 - 9533
for more details or customized private trips.