Head out into the winter wonderland of Jackson Hole, Grand Teton National Park, and the National Elk Refuge on a one of a kind winter wildlife tour with EcoTour Adventures. We'll spend the morning uncovering the valley's wildlife hotspots before enjoying a visit to the National Museum of Wildlife Art, and a sleigh ride through wild elk herds on the National Elk Refuge. EcoTour Guides focus their attention to the needs of the group and are driven by the desire to inspire each and every guest. Let us create an experience to last a lifetime by turning you on to this stunning natural environment and all the winter wonders that make it fascinating.
We’ll get an early start from the town of Jackson to experience the best wildlife viewing hours of the day. From the comfort of our 4x4 vehicle, use our high quality spotting scopes or binoculars to catch a glimpse of a moose and her calf as they greet the day, or photograph a bighorn sheep as it scales the snowy cliffs and craggy areas of Miller Butte. Your experienced and professional EcoTour guide will lead you on an educational tour through the dramatic natural environment of the Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem, teaching you interesting tidbits on winter ecology, animal adaptations to a harsh Wyoming winter, and snow science.
After you enjoy the morning viewing wildlife in Grand Teton National Park, we’ll visit the National Museum of Wildlife Art, an architectural feat inspired by the ruins of Slains Castle in Aberdeenshire, Scotland. We will wander through the Museum’s 51,000 square feet of award winning collections from the 19th and 20th centuries as you guide helps you explore the fantastic works of art. We will then venture into the Town of Jackson for lunch and then conclude the day on a horse-drawn sleigh ride through the National Elk Refuge for an up close view and educational tour of a wintering elk herd that numbers in the thousands.
- Professionally trained and knowledgeable guide who is passionate about your experience on the tour.
- High quality Spotting Scopes and Binoculars.
- Pick-up/Drop-off in the town of Jackson, either at a convenient meeting place or at your hotel.
- Tasty and light breakfast, to be enjoyed on the road.
- Good variety of locally produced, and organic when possible, snacks.
- Lunch at the National Museum of Wildlife Art or in the Town of Jackson
- Cold and Hot beverages.
- 4 Wheel Drive Safari Style vehicle with Comfortable Seating.
- Guaranteed window seat for every guest.
- Interactive tools and hands-on aides for learning.
All Day (appx. 8 hrs). Pickup times vary with the season. Season: November 15th - May 1st
We can accommodate private groups up to 10.
This is offered as a private program $1225 for a group of 1-5 guests. Each additional $245.
We are focused on creating the best experience possible for all of our guests. From hiring the best guides, providing the best foods, and making sure every detail is covered, we are here for you! You may be here only once, so lets do it right the first time. We are a small company with three vehicles. We like to keep our operation on the smaller side to keep quality high!
- We provide vehicles with Roof Hatches for safe and unobstructed viewing.
- All of our vehicles are 4 Wheel drive. This comes in handy for both winter and summer seasons. There are roads in Grand Teton National Park that in the summer require 4 Wheel Drive Vehicles. We don’t want you to miss anything!
- In all of vehicles everyone is granted a window seat! Everyone gets a great view. There is always plenty of room for jackets, camera gear, backpacks etc…
- In our larger van there are no uncomfortable benches that are hard to get in and out of. We have installed comfortable captain chairs.
- We use PA systems when needed, have installed cup holders, have stools for easier access, and our guides are always willing to help you in and out of the vehicle.
We are proud to partner with Lander, Wyoming-based Maven Optics - a local, direct to consumer company specializing in award-winning, world class optics. Each guest has access to Maven B or C Series (8x42) binoculars for personal use throughout the tour. S Series spotting scopes (25-50x magnification) are also available for viewing wildlife from afar. And, to help preserve the memory of your adventure, we capture all the action with PhoneSkope spotting scope adaptors, sending you home with photos and video!
Some folks like a hands on learning approach! We provide teaching opportunity as well. On tours we like to use all our senses. Our naturalists kits help provide the opportunity to touch and see different items up-close without compromising safety. Our kits contain antlers, pelts, claws, horns, unique stones, reproduced Native American tools and artifacts for your exploratory side! All items were collected outside of the National Parks or purchased. It is prohibited to take anything out of the parks.
- We provide a Wildlife Sightings List for the participants in your tour fill out if you like. You take home a copy and we keep a copy for our records.
- Your Children will love our “Children’s Activity book”. They can work on this during the tour or take it home for latter. This book is filled with crosswords, coloring pages, matching games, wildlife bingo, and other engaging activities. You provide the child and we provide the book and crayons.
- All of our guides carry CB Radios. As the day unfolds, we don’t want you to miss any great wildlife sightings. All day long our guides are in contact sharing sightings with each other. When the location and timing is right we will head to that active wildlife hotspot for uninterrupted viewing.
- We provide iPads on all tours that are filled with maps, wildlife photos, diagrams, animal sounds and other visual aids to enhance your learning experience.
- We at EcoTour Adventures take our Coffee seriously. This is why we grind Jackson Hole Great Northern’s organic beans for you every morning. We will serve your coffee from our vacuum insulated French Press Craft while in the park watching the sun to rise. Don’t worry we also stock a selection of organic teas and hot chocolate.
Book Your Trip Today!
Call (307) 690 - 9533
for more details or customized private trips.