Our Wildlife & Snowshoeing combination tour offers an authentic winter experience that combines the wildness of Grand Teton National Park and the discovery of the ecology and wildlife that make it unique. One of our naturalist guides will lead your group on two distinct activities during this 8hr adventurous day. In the morning, there is no previous experience necessary as you step into nature on a half day snowshoeing excursion to one of our favorite winter destinations. Your afternoon will be spent exploring the snow covered Grand Teton National Park and portions of the National Elk Refuge while discovering the wildlife and ecology that thrive in the winter season.
To begin this full day expedition, you’ll meet your guide in the town of Jackson. Hotel pick up is available for private groups but we recommend meeting us in town to expedite departure and maximize your time in the park. We’ll spend the first half of the day on a snowshoe adventure in Grand Teton National Park. While we are exploring the backcountry we will keep an eye out for animal tracks and signs, discussing topics like winter ecology and snow science. In the field you will be treated to a variety of high quality snacks. We’ll head back to the car for lunch at Dornans’s (or similar) and switch gears in the afternoon to focus on viewing wildlife. Sit back and relax in our fully outfitted safari style rig as we pursue our favorite winter habitats in search of critters such as bighorn sheep, elk, moose, deer, coyote, fox, eagles, trumpeter swans and more. Your local guide and naturalist will lead discussions on topics of your interest and provide you with ample time to take photographs.
When booking the group option you will enjoy a leisurely pace when snowshoeing. For private offerings we can accommodate any energy level.
Leisure: This type of tour will focus on taking advantage of teaching moments to learn about winter ecology and interpret animal signs. We’ll have plenty of time to stop and take photos and we’ll be moving at a pace where you can easily hold a conversation with friends.
Moderate: Our moderate tours will move at a slightly faster pace, focusing on covering a little more ground so that we can experience more of the backcountry.
Aerobic: We offer the aerobic energy level for any of our tours that are booked privately. Aerobic style tours are great for our guests who are in top physical condition and don’t mind breaking a sweat. We’ll focus these tours on covering as much ground as possible and experiencing the depths of the backcountry.
- An enthusiastic and experienced naturalist guide, dedicated to providing you a unique and authentic experience.
- All guides are Wilderness First Responders, an intensive 80-hour first aid certification.
- Pickup/Dropoff at a convenient Jackson location. Pickup at your hotel can be arranged as well.
- Professional quality spotting scopes and binoculars.
- Modern snowshoes, trekking poles, overboot gaiters and backpacks
- Wide variety of snacks that are locally produced and organic when possible.
- Lunch Indoors at Dornan’s (or similar) between activities.
- Hot and cold beverages
- Water to enjoy in one of our reusable take home water bottles.
- Window seats guaranteed for every guest
- A comfortable safari style vehicle (with winter studded snow tires) that has been equipped with roof hatches and sliding windows for excellent viewing and photo opportunities.
What’s not included
- National Park Entry Passes - we can pick these up on the way in
What to Bring
- Winter Hat
- Warm ski socks
- Snow pants
- Goggles or sunglasses
Full day (appx. 8 hrs - Pick up to Drop Off) 8:00AM – 4:00PM Season: December 15th- April 15th
Maximum of 7 guests per guide. Every guest is guaranteed a window seat for travel. We can accommodate private groups that are larger.
Adults $225 for mixed group programs. We encourage booking private programs with children that are 10 and under.
Private program with 1-5 guests $1,125; 6-7 guests $1,575
Customize Your Tour
We can accommodate a variety of options - call us to find out what we can do for you: 307-690-9533
We are focused on creating the best experience possible for all of our guests. From hiring the best guides, providing the best foods, and making sure every detail is covered, we are here for you! You may be here only once, so lets do it right the first time.
- We provide vehicles with Roof Hatches for safe and unobstructed viewing.
- All of our vehicles have 4 Wheel drive and studded tires, essential for winter travel in Yellowstone.
- In all of vehicles everyone is granted a window seat! Everyone gets a great view. There is always plenty of room for jackets, camera gear, backpacks etc…
- In our larger van there are no uncomfortable benches that are hard to get in and out of. We have installed comfortable captain chairs.
- We use PA systems when needed, have installed cup holders, have stools for easier access, and our guides are always willing to help you in and out of the vehicle.
We are proud to partner with Lander, Wyoming-based Maven Optics - a local, direct to consumer company that specializes in producing award-winning, world class optics. Each guest has access to Maven B Series or C Series (8x42) binoculars for personal use throughout the tour. S Series spotting scopes (25-50x magnification) are also available for viewing wildlife from afar. And, to help preserve the memory of your adventure, we capture all the action with PhoneSkope spotting scope adaptors, sending you home with fun photos and video from your trip!
Our naturalist kits help provide the opportunity to touch and see different items up-close including antlers, pelts, claws, horns, and more. All items were collected or purchased outside of the National Parks, it is prohibited to take anything out of the parks.
We provide a Wildlife Sightings List for the participants in your tour fill out if you like. You take home a copy and we keep a copy for our records.
Your Children will love our “Children’s Activity book”. They can work on this during the tour or take it home for later. This book is filled with crosswords, coloring pages, matching games, wildlife bingo, and other engaging activities. You provide the child and we provide the book and crayons.
All of our guides carry Radios to aid in sharing wildlife sightings. When the location and timing is right we will head to that active wildlife hotspot for uninterrupted viewing.
We provide iPads on all tours that are filled with maps, wildlife photos, diagrams, animal sounds and other visual aids to enhance your learning experience.
We at EcoTour Adventures take our Coffee seriously. This is why we brew Snake River Roasting CO. organic beans for you every morning. We will serve your coffee from our vacuum insulated French Press Craft while in the park watching the sun to rise. We also stock a selection of organic teas and hot chocolate.
Book Your Trip Today!
Call (307) 690 - 9533
for more details or customized private trips.