Uncover the best wildlife hotspots of Jackson Hole and Grand Teton National park with a knowledgeable and experienced guide at EcoTour Adventures. During the summer we’ll hit the back roads of Jackson Hole to escape the crowds and seek out our favorite hotspots for uninterrupted observation of wildlife, including moose, elk, bison, pronghorn antelope, mule deer, wolves, black bears, grizzly bears, bald eagles, and trumpeter swans. During the winter, experience the unique and harsh conditions that local wildlife has to endure, acquiring a deep understanding of how these creatures coexist and adapt to their physical environments. Our tours are designed to cater to your interests and needs and our top priority for the day is to make sure you get the most out of your sunrise or sunset wildlife experience.
We’ll depart the town of Jackson for our half day adventure either close to sunrise or a few hours before sunset, you chose the time of day you want to go. Half day tours last roughly 4 hours and we offer them only during the mornings or evenings to focus on the best hours for viewing wildlife.
We’ll discover Jackson Hole’s wildlife hotspots from the comfort of a 4x4 safari style vehicle. Let one of our guides become your wildlife encyclopedia and local expert as you zoom in with your own camera or gaze out into the mountains and lowlands with our high quality binoculars and spotting scopes. We’re happy to engage with you about anything that peaks your interest, but our passion and expertise cater towards local ecology, animal behavior, geology, and cultural history.
Should group interest and conditions allow we may depart the vehicle for short walks to educate you about the smaller wonders of this special place and to open your senses to this unique landscape.
FAQ: Is a sunrise or Sunset tour best for Wildlife Viewing?
Answer: Great Question! Both departures occur during periods of peak wildlife activity, just after sunrise and just before dark. We've found no significant difference in wildlife viewing opportunities between the two departures and encourage you to book the tour that fits best with your schedule!
- Experienced and knowledgeable guide, passionate about your enjoyment of the Tetons.
- Professional quality spotting scopes and binoculars.
- Pickup/Dropoff at at convenient Jackson location or at your hotel.
- A light breakfast (on Sunrise Tours) and a wide variety of locally produced snacks.
- Hot and Cold beverages throughout the tour.
- Modern and comfortable 4x4 safari style rig.
- Guaranteed window seat for everyone.
- Visual aides to help with a hands-on learning approach.
Half Day (appx. 4 hrs), sunrise or sunset. Pickup times vary with the season. Season: Year-round.
Maximum of 7 guests per tour. Every guest is guarantee a window seat. We can accommodate private groups up to 10.
Adults $130, Children (10 and under) $95.
Private Rates: Full Day $650 for a group of 1-5, $910 for a group of 6-10
Starting June 1st 2019
Adults $140, Children (10 and under) $105.
Private Rates: Full Day $700 for a group of 1-5, $980 for a group of 6-10
Customize Your Tour
We can accomodate a variety of tours - call us to find out what we can do for you: 307-690-9533
We are focused on creating the best experience possible for all of our guests. From hiring the best guides, providing the best foods, and making sure every detail is covered, we are here for you! You may be here only once, so lets do it right the first time.
We provide vehicles with Roof Hatches for safe and unobstructed viewing.
All of our vehicles have 4 Wheel drive and studded tires, essential for winter travel in Yellowstone.
In all of vehicles everyone is granted a window seat! Everyone gets a great view. There is always plenty of room for jackets, camera gear, backpacks etc…
In our larger van there are no uncomfortable benches that are hard to get in and out of. We have installed comfortable captain chairs.
We use PA systems when needed, have installed cup holders, have stools for easier access, and our guides are always willing to help you in and out of the vehicle.
We are proud to partner with Lander, Wyoming-based Maven Optics - a local, direct to consumer company specializing in award-winning, world class optics. Each guest has access to Maven B or C Series (8x42) binoculars for personal use throughout the tour. S Series spotting scopes (25-50x magnification) are also available for viewing wildlife from afar. And, to help preserve the memory of your adventure, we capture all the action with PhoneSkope spotting scope adaptors, sending you home with photos and video!
Our naturalist kits help provide the opportunity to touch and see different items up-close including antlers, pelts, claws, horns, and more. All items were collected or purchased outside of the National Parks, it is prohibited to take anything out of the parks.
- We provide a Wildlife Sightings List for the participants in your tour fill out if you like. You take home a copy and we keep a copy for our records.
- Your Children will love our “Children’s Activity book”. They can work on this during the tour or take it home for later. This book is filled with crosswords, coloring pages, matching games, wildlife bingo, and other engaging activities. You provide the child and we provide the book and crayons.
- All of our guides carry Radios to aid in sharing wildlife sightings. When the location and timing is right we will head to that active wildlife hotspot for uninterrupted viewing.
- We provide iPads on all tours that are filled with maps, wildlife photos, diagrams, animal sounds and other visual aids to enhance your learning experience.
- We at EcoTour Adventures take our Coffee seriously. This is why we brew Snake River Roasting CO. organic beans for you every morning. We will serve your coffee from our vacuum insulated French Press Craft while in the park watching the sun to rise. We also stock a selection of organic teas and hot chocolate.
Book Your Trip Today!
Call (307) 690 - 9533
for more details or customized private trips.