New to Cross-Country Skiing and want to learn how while taking a tour with an expert Naturalist? Join one of our PSIA Certified Naturalist Guides on a snowy adventure through Grand Teton National Park! During our half day (4hr) guided beginner cross-country ski tour we’ll provide winter ecology interpretation and professional nordic skiing instruction.
With towering mountains and over 14 miles of groomed nordic trails, cross country skiing in Grand Teton National Park is one of the best kept secrets in North America. Please make arrangements to rent your cross country skis in advance so we can get an early start to make the most of our time exploring the winter landscape and learning to ski. We like to say “If you can walk, you can cross-country ski” and your guide will happily share tips and tricks to make the activity more efficient. These programs are offered as small groups with a maximum of 7 participants. Jackson Hole EcoTour Adventures is the only GTNP authorized concessionaire with all PSIA certified nordic instructors so you know you are touring with the best.
Activity Level: Leisure
This type of tour will focus on taking advantage of teaching moments to learn about cross-country skiing technique and winter ecology. We’ll have plenty of time to stop and take photos and we’ll be moving at a pace where you can easily hold a conversation with friends.
We offer private programs that can cater to any activity level.
- PSIA Certified Nordic Naturalists, the best in the valley!
- All guides are Wilderness First Responders, an intensive 80-hour first aid certification.
- Pickup/Dropoff at a convenient Jackson location. Pickup at your hotel can be arranged as well.
- Hot tea and cocoa in the field.
- A comfortable safari style vehicle (with winter studded snow tires) equipped with roof hatches and sliding windows.
- Window seats guaranteed for every guest.
What’s not included
National Park Entry Passes - we can pick these up on the way in.
Cross country ski rentals - please rent skis in advance from the following locations:
Town of Jackson Locations
Skinny Skis 65 W Deloney Ave, Jackson, WY 83001 (307) 733-6094
Teton Mountaineering 170 N Cache Dr, Box 1533, Jackson, WY 83001 (307) 733-3595
Teton Village Locations
Jackson Hole Sports 7720 Granite Loop Rd, Teton Village, WY 83025 (307) 739-2687
What to Bring
- Winter Hat
- Warm ski socks
- Snow pants
- Goggles or sunglasses
EcoTour Adventures is a Gold Level Sponsor of JHNordic and supporter of the Grand Teton National Park Foundation.
Half Day (appx. 4 hrs), sunrise or sunset. Pickup times vary with the season. Season: Winter
Maximum of 7 guests per tour. Every guest is guaranteed a window seat. We can accommodate private groups up to 10.
Adults $130, Children (10 and under) $95.
$650 for up to 5 people
$910 for up to 7 people
Cross Country Ski Rental and National Park Pass not included in trip pricing
Customize Your Tour
We can accommodate a variety of tours - call us to find out what we can do for you: 307-690-9533
We are focused on creating the best experience possible for all of our guests. From hiring the best guides, providing the best foods, and making sure every detail is covered, we are here for you! You may be here only once, so lets do it right the first time.
- We provide vehicles with Roof Hatches for safe and unobstructed viewing.
- All of our vehicles have 4 Wheel drive and studded tires, essential for winter travel in Yellowstone.
- In all of vehicles everyone is granted a window seat! There is always plenty of room for jackets, camera gear, backpacks etc…
- In our larger van there are no uncomfortable benches that are hard to get in and out of. We have installed comfortable captain chairs.
- We use PA systems when needed, have installed cup holders, have stools for easier access, and our guides are always willing to help you in and out of the vehicle.
We are proud to partner with Lander, Wyoming-based Maven Optics - a local, direct to consumer company that specializes in producing award-winning, world class optics. Each guest has access to Maven B Series or C Series (8x42) binoculars for personal use throughout the tour. S Series spotting scopes (25-50x magnification) are also available for viewing wildlife from afar. And, to help preserve the memory of your adventure, we capture all the action with PhoneSkope spotting scope adaptors, sending you home with fun photos and video from your trip!
Our naturalist kits help provide the opportunity to touch and see different items up-close including antlers, pelts, claws, horns, and more. All items were collected or purchased outside of the National Parks, it is prohibited to take anything out of the parks.
- We provide a Wildlife Sightings List for the participants in your tour fill out if you like. You take home a copy and we keep a copy for our records.
- Your Children will love our “Children’s Activity book”. They can work on this during the tour or take it home for later. This book is filled with crosswords, coloring pages, matching games, wildlife bingo, and other engaging activities. You provide the child and we provide the book and crayons.
- All of our guides carry Radios to aid in sharing wildlife sightings. When the location and timing is right we will head to that active wildlife hotspot for uninterrupted viewing.
- We provide iPads on all tours that are filled with maps, wildlife photos, diagrams, animal sounds and other visual aids to enhance your learning experience.
- We at EcoTour Adventures take our Coffee seriously. This is why we brew Snake River Roasting CO. organic beans for you every morning. We will serve your coffee from our vacuum insulated French Press Craft while in the park watching the sun to rise. We also stock a selection of organic teas and hot chocolate.
Book Your Trip Today!
Call (307) 690 - 9533
for more details or customized private trips.