We invite you to literally step into the serenity and gentleness that Grand Teton National Park offers in the heart of winter on one of our 6hr or 8hr full day offerings. One of our experienced guides will lead the way over snow covered trails to reach the limits of the park and breathtaking overlooks, all within the means of human-powered winter travel. Fear not if you have never been snowshoeing before as there are no skills required, even on a full day tour. If you can walk, you can snowshoe and your dedicated guide will teach you the basic techniques so that you’ll feel like a pro by the end of the day.
Our full day snowshoeing excursion will begin in the town of Jackson where you will meet your guide, board one of our safari style rigs, and head to one of our favorite winter trailheads. We have access to snowshoeing locations in the park that are flat, rolling, open or heavily forested. If we are treated to a sunny bluebird day then we will enjoy traveling out in the open right below the majestic Teton Mountains. If the snow is falling, we will choose a location with a bit of cover. The stillness of the snowy forest when walking 5 feet above the ground is truly a special experience. As we explore the park’s backcountry, we’ll keep watch for animal signs, interpreting tracks and unique habitats. Your knowledgeable guide will share interesting facts about snow science and winter ecology to complete your experience in this winter wonderland. On trail, your guide will treat you to a picnic-style lunch in the winter backcountry, complete with snow benches, and foam pads for seating. But the luxury doesn’t stop there; your guide will pack in a thermos of hot water for hot tea and cocoa in the field. With a passion for ecology, wildlife habitats, and snow science, your naturalist guide will become your wildlife expert and expedition guru as you head deeper and deeper into the snow blanketed Grand Teton backcountry. Throughout the day your guide will present your group with a variety of high quality snacks to enjoy during your stops.
Our full day snowshoeing tours can accommodate any energy level.
Leisure: Our leisurely energy level tours focus on moving at a pace where you can easily hold a conversation. We’ll dedicate time to interpretation and teaching moments and you’ll have plenty of time to stop and take photos.
Moderate: Our moderate tours are a happy medium between our leisure and aerobic tours. We'll will move at a slightly faster pace and focus on covering more ground so that we can experience more of the backcountry.
Aerobic: Aerobic style tours are great for our guests who are in top physical condition and don’t mind breaking a sweat. We’ll focus these tours on covering as much ground as possible and experiencing the depths of the backcountry.
- Wilderness First Responder certified guide with a passion for winter ecology, and the Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem.
- Pickup/Dropoff at a convenient Jackson location. Pickup at your hotel can be arranged as well.
- Modern snowshoes, trekking poles and overboot gaiters.
- Backpacks and sit pads
- Hot beverages for enjoyment in the field.
- Water to enjoy in one of our reusable take home water bottles.
- Wide variety of snacks that are locally produced and organic when possible.
- Window seats guaranteed for every guest.
- Picnic style lunch in the backcountry (We are happy to work with any dietary requests)
- Modern and comfortable safari style rig that is equipped with winter studded snow tires.
What’s not included
- National Park Entry Passes - we can pick these up on the way in.
What to Bring
- Winter Hat
- Warm ski socks
- Snow pants
- Goggles or sunglasses
Full Day (appx. 6 hrs Pick up to drop off), 8:00AM – 2:00PM Season: November 15th - May 1st
Maximum of 7 guests per guide. Every guest is guaranteed a window seat for travel. We can accommodate private groups that are larger.
Private program with 1-5 guests $975; 6-7 guests $1,365
Customize Your Tour
We can accommodate a variety of options - call us to find out what we can do for you: 307-690-9533
We are focused on creating the best experience possible for all of our guests. From hiring the best guides, providing the best foods, and making sure every detail is covered, we are here for you! You may be here only once, so lets do it right the first time.
We provide vehicles with Roof Hatches for safe and unobstructed viewing.
All of our vehicles have 4 Wheel drive and studded tires, essential for winter travel in Yellowstone.
In all of vehicles everyone is granted a window seat! Everyone gets a great view. There is always plenty of room for jackets, camera gear, backpacks etc…
In our larger van there are no uncomfortable benches that are hard to get in and out of. We have installed comfortable captain chairs.
We use PA systems when needed, have installed cup holders, have stools for easier access, and our guides are always willing to help you in and out of the vehicle.
We are proud to partner with Lander, Wyoming-based Maven Optics - a local, direct to consumer company that specializes in producing award-winning, world class optics. Each guest has access to Maven B Series or C Series (8x42) binoculars for personal use throughout the tour. S Series spotting scopes (25-50x magnification) are also available for viewing wildlife from afar. And, to help preserve the memory of your adventure, we capture all the action with PhoneSkope spotting scope adaptors, sending you home with fun photos and video from your trip!
Our naturalist kits help provide the opportunity to touch and see different items up-close including antlers, pelts, claws, horns, and more. All items were collected or purchased outside of the National Parks, it is prohibited to take anything out of the parks.
- We provide a Wildlife Sightings List for the participants in your tour fill out if you like. You take home a copy and we keep a copy for our records.
- Your Children will love our “Children’s Activity book”. They can work on this during the tour or take it home for later. This book is filled with crosswords, coloring pages, matching games, wildlife bingo, and other engaging activities. You provide the child and we provide the book and crayons.
- All of our guides carry Radios to aid in sharing wildlife sightings. When the location and timing is right we will head to that active wildlife hotspot for uninterrupted viewing.
- We provide iPads on all tours that are filled with maps, wildlife photos, diagrams, animal sounds and other visual aids to enhance your learning experience.
- We at EcoTour Adventures take our Coffee seriously. This is why we grind Snake River Roasting CO. organic beans for you every morning. We will serve your coffee from our vacuum insulated French Press Craft while in the park watching the sun to rise. We also stock a selection of organic teas and hot chocolate.
Book Your Trip Today!
Call (307) 690 - 9533
for more details or customized private trips.